Newly Created Role as Country CFO, with a Reputable Business at Growth Stages
This newly created Country CFO position will serve as a key member of the executive leadership team.
You will report directly into the Group CFO, and work very closely with the Group CEO to assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Group CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors etc).
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company’s needs and goals.
- Serve as a member of executive leadership team.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast (vs. budget); Short and long-term cash flow forecasts.
- Complete analysis of financial results; develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., M&A, opening new operations, asset acquisition, new service launches).
- Develop and maintain capital budget.
- Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
Accounting and Administration:
- Oversee the finance department to ensure maintenance of all accounting systems and function, including upgrading & / migration of accounting software to achieve a single platform system for the region.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns and all other related statutory requirements.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions in the region.
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocations.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audit.
Planning, Policy, and Investor Relations:
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, foundation executives, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds.
- Oversee cash, investment, asset management and all treasury responsibilities.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Managing work allocation, training, problem resolution and staff performance evaluations.
- Coach and train Finance staff in FP&A, budgeting/reforecast process, advanced level Excel.
- Partners with Group CEO to communicate the group/local policies, procedures, programs, and regulations to finance staff.
- CPA or CA Qualified, and Accountancy Degree from a Reputable university
- CFA or Master’s Degree would be advantageous
- 15 - 20 years of financial management experience, with at least 5 years in a CFO stewardship position with SGX-Listed companies
- Some regional experience will be useful
- Proven change and transformation management leader
- Innovative and unafraid to propose new measures
- Proven people leader with gravitas to influence strategically
- Commercially Savvy and Strong Business Acumen
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Stable and progressive track record reflecting capabilities of upskilling team and business performance
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to ClaireC@charterhouse.com.sg or contact Claire Chua at +65 6950 0381 for more information.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1108933