Our client is a global leader in Class II & III medical devices.
- The role will be responsible for developing short term and long term strategic planning of distribution network in JAPAC, ensuring delivery of organizational goals and growth plans are achieved. This role will lead the distribution centers strategy across the region driving continuous improvement and implementing innovative methods to optimize distribution channels, maintaining high level of compliance, operational excellence and high quality service to clients.
- Develop, plan and lead regional logistics and distribution strategy in alignment with JAPAC growth plans and Global Distribution strategy. Deliver on cost, quality and service objectives across transportation, carrier networks, and distribution centers. Research and identify best practices and trends, prioritize and select appropriate projects, lead in identifying risks, developing complex mitigation strategies, defining best practices and alternative solutions, driving standardization and controls, and resolving issues in collaboration with cross functional and/or corporate teams.
- Lead team members and/or provide direction to matrix teams in the execution of the distribution network design and plans. Will have responsibility for identifying strategic providers, implementing sound supplier relationships and management processes, ensuring providers deliver on agreed commitments. Works in partnership with Corporate Logistics function for issuance and/or implementation of regional and global contracts.
- Develop a robust distribution management capability in the region, including mentoring and developing others as part of Global Supply Chain talent development, succession planning and growth strategies.
- Establish measure and maintain standards and expectations for on-time-delivery between customers, carriers and distribution centers. Ensure new product readiness indicators are in place and effective.
- Establish strong partnerships and act as orchestrator between Commercial teams, Global Planning and Logistics, Supplier Quality organizations, and distribution centers’ partners.
- Establish effective measures and standards. Generate and present related monthly, quarterly and annual performance metrics. Responsible for driving performance improvements in the key indicators for distribution and/or end-to-end supply chain operations optimization and service levels, while meeting cost targets.
- Develop and lead the implementation of strategies to ensure business continuity. Identify, escalate, and develop plans to mitigate/eliminate risks, direct and communicate such strategies in collaboration with internal parties.
- Drive a value stream mind-set and culture of continuous improvement based on lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or relevant field from a recognized university
- Minimum of ten years of applicable experience with progressive responsibilities in supply chain network and/or manufacturing environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience in distribution operations and technologies (e.g. RFID, WMS, Bas Coding) in regulated environment and best in class processes is a must
- Strong understanding of global supply chain logistic and distribution methods, modes, third party dependencies and principles
- Strong ability to establish strategic partnerships with Logistics Service Providers in driving delivery excellence and fulfilments
- Strong ability and excellent track records of problem-solving across the region
- Strong financial acumen is a must
- Proven successful project management, change management and leadership skills
- Organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
- Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
- Demonstrated ability and minimum of 6 years of experience directing and developing teams and providing coaching and feedback
- Certification in APICS, CPM, etc. is plus
- Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Please contact Kelvin Pang at +65 6950 0364 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion
EA License no: 16S8066 | Registration no: R1325516
Only successful candidates will be notified.