We are currently working with one of the largest professional training services and solutions provider to recruit a divisional head to oversee delivery of their suite of Professional Development courses covering a range of industry targeted courses ranging from safety training and advanced certification courses for Construction industry & Manufacturing professionals.
With a strong understanding of what is the industry’s training needs you will have P&L responsibility of their Manufacturing & Built Environment offering, covering traditional products such as: Workplace safety (WHSO & WSQ), health product, SIT programmes, CCNA Certification, etc.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will be responsible for the overall management of the Manufacturing & Build Environment cluster strategies, evaluation and execution. You will be expected to actively lead the cluster function in an effective and aggressive manner helping to develop new courses & collaborations to ensure course content remains relevant to the needs of industry.
Managing a team of managers and executives you will be tasked with growing the Manufacturing & Construction industry training business, (in particular Security & Workplace Safety & Health), and to develop training products and spearhead academy expansion. This will include exploring collaboration modes with external stakeholders such as industry players, government agencies and unions.
Key Deliverables in the role will include;
- Serve as a key member of the Core Management team that sets the cluster strategic direction
- Determine business trends of the cluster and identify both short and long term business opportunities
- Work out the cluster long term business growth plan & responsible of the cluster P&L
- Spearhead the academy initiatives
- Manage multiple business initiatives in a start-up environment
- Revenue generation and strategic partnerships development and management with industry players, government agencies and unions
- Build and manage a cluster team
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Strong leadership capabilities, proven ability to lead teams and motivate staff
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Outstanding ability to sell ideas and concepts to different stakeholders
- Experienced in developing effective strategic partnerships and collaborations that will drive company revenues and profitability
- Self-driven, highly resourceful and committed individual who thrives in a challenging start up environment
- Innovative and proactive individual with business acumen
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good presentation skills and relationship building
- High level of integrity and business ethics
- Degree holder
- Additional Masters / MBA preferred
- 5+ years in a management position
- Relevant experience in Manufacturing & Build Environment