Newly Created Group Strategy Planning Manager position with an International MNC (HQ Level)
In a newly created role as the Group Strategy Planning Manager at the Singapore head office for an International MNC, the selected candidate will report directly into the Head of Group Strategy seated here and work directly with the Executive leadership team across divisions and functions.
An experienced business strategist, the selected candidate will be joining a very successful, global and diverse organization, and make a big impact in the coming years by working directly with the Head of Group Strategy and engaging senior executives from multiple subsidiaries on their most challenging growth challenges.
The ideal candidate should be very well versed in strategic thinking, have worked in strategy consulting and corporations pertaining to growth focused issues at HQ level in technology/medical sectors, know how to scope and lead delivery of strategy projects, and have experience engaging with CEOs and senior executives to drive decision making.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Analysing the hypothesis, including multiple types of market analysis, competitive analysis, internal financial analysis, and scenario planning
- Updating the strategic direction to meet the evolving business needs
- Having discussions with the business leaders to guide the strategic thought process on a quarterly basis. Making sure the quarterly plan is aligned with the strategic direction will be essential
- Supporting the development of an opinion on the current state of the business by overseeing and conducting research, discussions, and fact-based quantitative analysis both using internal (business division) and external resources
- Supporting the identification of key market dynamics that will impact the business over the agreed upon planning horizon
- Providing perspectives with Go to Market strategies, and the business’s capabilities & opportunities to compete and operate effectively against competitors
- Work closely with a separate Financial budgeting planning team, as well as separate M&A Business Development team
- Methodology setting, variance analysis and management, both short-term forecasting and long-range planning with associated economic analysis to support business decision-making
- Utilizing sound business knowledge and consultative skills, to provide information, insights, and guidance to effectively drive and track business strategies, while identifying and addressing the financial impact of potential business decisions and strategic initiatives
Key stakeholders include the C-suite Executive Committee team across functions, as well as the Business Division Heads.
In a rare opportunity at HQ level role and within a newly established function seated with the key decision makers at the Head office, this position serves as a brilliant platform for a high calibre professional to fast-track their career with a business at accelerated growth stages. This organization with an internationalized and dynamic culture will suit a driven Strategy talent looking for full accountability and tangible impact of decisions.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Economics or other related area. CPA / CA / MBA desirable
- Minimum 7 – 10 years of management consulting / Big 4 Strategy Consulting (Manager levels and above) experience; coupled with commercial group strategy experience
- Prior experience working on Corporate strategy projects, or Head office led strategy development
- Experience in engaging with executives and managing / working with senior stakeholders
- Experience in working within technology, digital or medical technology industries preferred
- Experience with change and transformation
- Experience with designing strategy planning
- Been trained in strategic and structured thinking
- Scoped and led projects / large project modules of complex projects
- Managed client working teams
- High level of independence
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage with senior executives across multiple locations globally
- Experience of working with executives from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, a strong work ethic, demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to interact & influence executive leadership teams
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to Claire Chua at ClaireC@charterhouse.com.sg thank you.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1108933
Only successful candidates will be notified.