Head of HR (Regional) with an Aggressively Expanding Business
As Head of HR for one of the business’s core entities; you will be leading and shaping the culture for the regional business through HR operations and initiatives. Partnering the leadership team, you will understand business needs and challenges and deliver plans to achieve overall organizational goals.
This is a critical role and involves managing cross-border and complex employee issues, and actively spearheading regional initiatives. You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the full spectrum of HR function, including recruitment, training, compensation & benefits, talent management, and employee relations.
You will have full responsibility and serve as key member for driving the transformation of its Regional Human Resources platform to uniform and harmonize the business’s position and ranking structure. You will spearhead the Regional Performance Appraisal exercise, reinvigorate the compensation and benefits structure to a sales commission driven structure, enhance the HR capabilities, people strategy/agenda and partner with the group’s HR Business Partners and HR services to deliver a comprehensive HR solution to the business.
Key areas of focus Include:
Strategy support for business change and organizational shaping
- Ensure alignment around the Business’ vision and values as a solid foundation for strategy
- Build plans to align the organizational “levers” to support the strategy
- Keep employees engaged around the strategy and other changes ahead
Workforce planning, recruitment, and on-boarding
- Liaises and supports departments for recruitment of key positions in accordance with budget agreement
- Develops and maintains relationship with recruitment channels such as employment agencies, universities, and other recruitment sources
- Prepares offers, employment contracts and on-board arrangement
Training & development
- Work in collaboration with management to identify training needs
- Recommends, develop, and delivers appropriate management trainings and development programs to employees.
- Nominates staff to participate in corporate and regional training programs
Compensation & benefits
- Adapts the compensation policy to the specific situations of each market (e.g. Drives incentive schemes and improves existing structure)
- Coordinates salary surveys and benchmarks competitiveness of compensation and benefits in the region and develop and review salary structure
- Reviews and manages yearly salary, and other elements of pay performed maintaining internal and external pay equity
- Ensures payroll and staff benefits execution in accordance with audit requirements
- Accountable for all HR policies and procedures, ensuring that the policies & procedures are designed, reviewed, monitored, and implemented successfully to meet and support the company’s needs.
- Form close partnership and provide consultation to management on HR issues
- Equip managers with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with people plans.
- Works with managers to monitor and manage employee relations issues.
- Collects employee opinions and acts as bridge of communication between management and employees.
- Recommends and executes company activities such as team building activities, in house bonding projects
- Assists management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues,
Talent management & Succession Planning
- Coordinates and handles performance review process: identify high potential employees and young hopefuls and recommends development/training or career enhancement programs
- Provides guidance, timeline and coordinates the roll-out of Annual Performance Review exercise
- Draft, propose and implementation of succession or talent pool management
Reports and Ad Hoc Projects
- Collects, consolidates, and prepares all local, regional and corporate HR reports and other reports for HR planning
- Support the other entities’ HR Heads with new HR projects and initiatives , and from time to time provide advisory advice and guidance to HR counterparts.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years in Human Resources Function as specialist or generalist
- Hands-on experience in diverse range of HR functions including the role of HR Business Partner, organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition, compensation & benefits and regional HR operations
- Strong business acumen and clear understanding of markets, trends and ability to learn different external business models
- Good analytical skills to synthesize organization, workforce, and financial information
- Knowledge of employment legislation, payroll and market practices applying it in appropriate circumstances
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to liaise effectively with staff and managers at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Mandarin will be required, given the need to interact frequently with Chinese counterparts
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to influence change
- Comfortable with ambiguity and motivated to solve complex problems
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to Claire Chua at ClaireC@charterhouse.com.sg
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1108933
Only successful candidates will be notified.