As an IT development manager, you will lead a team of developers in building new solutions, enhance existing systems, and ensure great architecture and coding standards.
- Work with the business systems to scope a project, respond to a request for proposal complete with deliverables, timeline and budget
- Develop open relationships with business systems team, project stakeholders
- Participate in regular status updates and have good visibility on the development team activities
- Develop and manage vendor partnerships to build and maintain products.
Project execution and process
- Take ownership of the establishing agile process and to keep adoption on track.
- Create the list of backlog items and prioritize them based on the overall strategy and business objectives
- Assist the scrum master in facilitating, obtaining resources and clearing obstacles
- Establish a “Definition of Done” for the team and guide the team to maintain this standard
- Oversee Development stages
- Maintain and report on team performance measures to keep helping the team improve
Technology, architecture and development standards
- Act as architecture owner and is responsible for facilitating architecture decisions and is part of the group that is responsible for overall architectural direction.
- Technical lead in AngularJS, LAMP and MVC (Yii) frameworks
- Ensure that coding standards are followed
- Provide feedback to developers through a structured peer review process
- Coach team on automated testing
- Responsible for increasing the automated testing code coverage
- Coordinate with the business systems team on quality assurance
Release & code management & Deployment
- Own and improve automated deployment procedures by working closely with AWS lead engineer
- Prepare technical release notes
Team staffing and administrative functions
- Participate in preparing budgets
- Manage staff and related activities such as recruitment, supervision, performance evaluations.
- Develop progression plan for each staff member and provide individual coaching and support
- A proven track record with at least four (4) years of experience in a similar role
- Experience using agile principles, tools and techniques
- Global mind-set and ability to think across cultures, functions and scenarios
- Self-starter, strong initiative & leadership
- Demonstrated success in managing projects and development teams
- Be highly organised and able to balance individual tasks with the needs of the team, stakeholders and the wider business
- Great written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience in higher education industry
- Ability to drive large multi-functional projects
- Degree in Information technology (Information Systems…) or equivalent practical experience
For all interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume in MS Word format to Yvonne Tang at email@example.com
EA License no: 16S8066 | Registration no: R1110355