Mechanical Design Engineer - A busy Multi-disciplined Consultancy our client is looking to recruit a Principal Engineer level ACMV / HVAC Building Services Design Engineer to join their team. With a focus on Critical Services / Data Centre projects they boast a steady work flow of projects both in Singapore & across the region and are looking for a Lead Mechanical engineer with a proven track record in delivery of design of Mechanical Building Services to Data Centers and/or Commercial / Healthcare to head a small team of Building Services Engineers
Our client is one of the Region’s leading Engineering Consultancies specialising in the design of sustainable, energy efficient building services for today's modern and complex buildings. With a focus on Healthcare, Critical Services / Data Centre and mixed use commercial office projects they are able to offer an exciting career path with an established professional development programme, professional membership & opportunity to work in their network of offices across APAC, Europe & the Middle East
As Principal Engineer you will be given the opportunity to lead the engineering design on projects, assisting with allocating work within the team and helping provide training & mentoring junior engineers. You will be encouraged to take responsibility for the management of projects, to achieve financial and time deadlines and lead project and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation and coordination of work.
Working closely with an Associate, you will be provided professional development in terms of managing clients, jobs & staff to help prepare you to progress to taking on a fuller senior managerial role yourself.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce concept through to detail design for Mechanical Building Services and co-ordination with other design disciplines,
- Able to carry out plant & equipment selection, heat load calcs, pipe + duct work sizing & layouts, using relevant design software packages such as software including CYMAP and/or Hevacomp.
- Proven background in producing low energy design solutions, carrying out site inspections and surveys, detail design development.
- Provide training and coaching to more junior staff, including acting as a mentor to support those pursuing membership of professional institutions
- Attend internal and/or external marketing and business development events to help build and maintain strong relationships with clients
- You will also be required to assist with the preparation of tender submissions and fee bids
- Your role will also include involvement in Practice-wide technical initiatives such as the development of technical standards, software development, knowledge sharing etc.
Background & Experience:
- Proven track record in managing delivery of Mechanical Building Services Design with a minimum of 5 years relevant Construction industry design experience.
- Ideally you will be degree level qualified in Mechanical Engineering and have previous experience of Critical Services / Data Centre projects
If this role sounds of interest or you’d like to discuss a potential career move in confidence please forward me an updated copy of your CV detailing any relevant experience or contact Mike Wilkshire - EA License no: 16S8066 | Registration no: R1215143) on DD: +65 6950 0366 | Email: email@example.com