Newly Created Regional APAC Tax Analyst / Advisor with a Leading MNC
A leader in their industry and with exciting growth plans for their regional APAC operations based out of Singapore, our client is looking to hire a newly created position as Regional APAC Tax Analyst / Advisor to support the tax function of 4.
With proven experience and ability in corporate income tax, this APAC Tax Advisor / Analyst will provide tax advisory, tax compliance and tax reporting assistance to the Group in Asia.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that tax positions in Asia are optimised for transactions, commercial proposals, law changes etc, and that these tax positions fit within the broader business strategy;
- Assisting with the implementation and management of the most appropriate legal, funding and tax structure for APAC;
- Advising on the structuring of commercial transactions and contractual arrangements;
- Supporting with the provision of specialist taxation input in relation to acquisitions and divestments and internal group re-organizations;
- Assisting with tax compliance and value protection (Income tax, Transfer Pricing, Value Added Tax / GST, R&D concessions, incentives and grants, Payroll taxes, Indirect tax, Stamp and capital duties);
- Reviewing and analyzing submissions from businesses, monitoring the business’s tax position (P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash) in APAC and provide regular updates and analysis;
- Managing the outsourced APAC tax compliance for all APAC operating, financing and holding company entities, including tax return submissions, managing in conjunction with the businesses’ relationship with Revenue Authorities in APAC;
- Supporting with the management of tax accounting process for APAC, including the review of tax entries in statutory accounts half-yearly, review of forecast/budget/strategic plan’s tax information;
- Assisting with monitoring of budget, forecast and actual information for the group’s key tax attributes including effective tax rate, cash tax, and other key tax performance metrics
The successful candidate can look forward to joining a globally renowned MNC at an exciting growth phase, and to take his/her career ahead given the platform of continued opportunities provided for their internal talent.
- Bachelor Accounting / Finance Degree
- Preferably with a CA / CPA, and/or Tax qualified
- At least 4 - 5 years of tax experience; ideally with a combination of Big 4 and Commercial tax experience, if not from the Big 4 tax division
- Proven corporate income tax expertise, preferably with regional APAC exposures (including Singapore)
- Dynamic, driven, sharp, results-oriented and with strong understanding of business operations & key drivers
- Switched on and with a positive go-getting attitude towards learning and contributing
- Strong written and spoken English communications, in order to liaise with the regional and group level teams
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to ClaireC@Charterhouse.com.sg thank you.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1108933