Senior Accountant (Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable, APAC region) – Newly Created Position
In the capacity as an individual contributor reporting directly to the APAC Financial Controller based in Singapore, this position will be directly accountable for the APAC business’s Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable function.
Key Duties Include:
- Setting up and migrating the full suite of Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable functions from Corporate for the APAC countries to be based in Singapore’s regional APAC HQ;
- Liaise with local country finance, operational teams and vendors to resolve issues;
- Work with multiple teams across the company to collect and process customer payments, maintain customer records and perform monthly activities;
- Process daily invoices and payment receipts, review AR aging and clean up unapplied payments and memos, field external and internal billing requests, research the validity of payments and customer balances and perform collections activities;
- Recommend improvement for the current payment process for supplier invoices, employee re-imbursement claims;
- Spearheading new project / system implementation and address any potential issues on all aspects of the payables and receivables workflow;
- Review and approve payments via cheques and online banking platform;
- Work closely with the Regional APAC teams on reporting and analysis pertaining to the AP and AR functions;
- Implement KPIs to track and improve performance of the AR and AP functional process;
- On-going review of the AR and AP process & methodology to ensure best in class practices.
- Degree in Accounting and/or ACCA / CPA / CA holder
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years depth of Regional Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience in a hands on capacity, in view of the need to navigate less sophisticated systems for the initial 6 – 12 months
- Proven project management experience will be highly preferred; given the setting up phase for the APAC regional HQ
- Customer oriented approach will be required
- Hands on, detail oriented and meticulous at work
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of Management, Corporate team and external vendors
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of SAP / Oracle highly advantageous
For interested applicants, kindly reach Claire Chua at ClaireC@charterhouse.com.sg or 6950 0381 for a confidential discussion.
Only successful candidates will be notified.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1108933