Newly Created Role as Senior Accountant/GL Manager, with a Consumer Goods Business at Hyper-Growth Stages
Joining in a newly-created Senior Accountant/GL Manager position, you will be responsible for assisting in developing processes and procedures to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with GAAP. This young APAC regional office is at the start-up hyper growth phases, with clear plans for expansion into the different markets given strong US HQ backing.
The ideal candidate needs to adopt a forward thinking approach to efficient accounting processes.
- Execute periodical account reconciliations to ensure accuracy of reports and ledgers.
- Alert Regional Financial Controller of any variances and/or irregularities in financial statements.
- Process payroll, financial statements, accruals and journal entries timely as per established schedule and ensure accuracy.
- Upkeep accounting procedures and processes
- Ensure GAAP & SOX compliance as well as compliance with all internal processes, and resolve any non-compliance issues.
- Initiate procedures to improve efficiency
- Supports the preparation of financial information for taxes, regulatory agencies, and stockholders
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- Big 4 public accounting experience and/or CPA qualification with public company experience
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on GL experience as well as exposure with liaising with outsourced vendor highly preferred
- Good knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience in analyzing financial records and translating the information in layman’s terms to other departments
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competency in accounting software and experience with a software system implementation an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please contact Yen Tan at +65 6950 0392 or YenT@charterhouse.com.sg for a confidential discussion
EA License no: 16S8066 I Reg no.: R1982986
Only successful candidates will be notified.