This role requires a combination of strong analytical skills, a strategic mindset, a keen interest as well as demonstrated meticulousness. Analytical requirements include valuation and financial modelling – having these skill sets specific to the Financial Institutions Group (FIG) sector would be a plus. Success in the role will depend on ability to deliver well-thought out advice and recommendations to management on opportunities, including strategic rationale, valuation, and risks.
- Drive qualitative and quantitative analyses, demonstrate sound judgment in developing financial models and ability to assess the reasonableness of the drivers and trends by performing extensive search on industry benchmarks and market information
- Drive robust analyses and research on market trends – including market sizing, firm positioning, financial and operational benchmarking, and broad sector
- Perform competitive intelligence to understand businesses’ positioning and opportunities in the market, then presenting such findings to management
- Understand various valuation techniques such as DCF, comps (trading and transaction), WACC, etc., including identification of appropriate comparable companies or transactions
Analytical / Decision-Making Skills Required:
- Ability to synthesise and analyse financial and business information coherently and succinctly. Ability to bring together a variety of perspectives and sources – both public and private – to deliver impactful analyses that supports high-level strategic decisioning
- Good command of valuation techniques and able to put together a valuation model
- Proficiency and an intuitive understanding of multiple business drivers, key value creation levers, and other quantitative metrics that support a full financial model
- Ability to process and critically evaluate business models from both strategic investor’s perspectives
- Ability to take ownership for delivering projects with a high degree of autonomy
- Collaboration skills and ability to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated record of working on several projects simultaneously
- High proficiency in terms of written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand and explain complex concepts in clear and succinct manner
- Enthusiasm and ability to respond with a sense of urgency
- At least 5 years’ experience in bulge-bracket investment banking and / or Big 4 valuation/ modelling team which demonstrates significant deal experience and a keen understanding of financial markets, preferably in the FIG sector
- Advanced skills in Excel, VBA and ability to create macros would be a plus. Skills in Word and PowerPoint should be a given
- May require occasional travel
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal. Proficiency in Mandarin and / or other Southeast Asian languages would be a plus
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to KellyL@charterhouse.com.sg or contact Kelly Lim at +65 6950 0366 for more information.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R2089955