Mechanical Design Engineer - A busy & expanding mid-sized multi-disciplined Consultancy with offices in Europe & Asia our client is looking to recruit a Mechanical Design / Senior Mechanical Design Engineer level HVAC Building Services engineer to join their team based in Singapore. With a range of projects in design phase including data center / critical services, commercial office, industrial, Life Sciences R&D buildings, hospitality, retail / mixed use developments they are able to offer exciting career opportunities & professional development to the successful candidate.
Able to develop concept through to detail design for the full range of Mechanical building services (inc. heat load calcs, pipe & duct work sizing, plant & equipment selection, etc) you will have the ability to run medium sized projects and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects. Previous experience of detailed design and/or project management and delivery of high value technology sector projects (including data centres) would be an advantage but they will consider candidates with similar project exposure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage development of concept through to detail design for Mechanical Building Services and co-ordination with other design disciplines,
- Able to carry out design load calcs, cable sizing & layouts using relevant design software packages such as Hevacomp / Trane and/or manual calcs
- Oversee & mentor the work of more junior engineers & allocate workloads
- Lead coordination of engineering services on projects, attend team meetings to discuss / review project technical requirements and deliverables
- Carry out validation and checking of mechanical engineering documents/drawings and establish work plan and allocate Engineering/CAD resource for each phase of project
- Assist with mechanical technical design reviews
- Assists the management with programme and resource planning for projects and teams
- Assist with tender & fee proposals & feasibility studies
Background & Experience:
- Proven track record in managing delivery of HVAC Building Services Design
- Ideally you will be degree level qualified in Mechanical Engineering and have previous experience of wide range of HVAC Building Services projects
What they can offer in return:
- In return they can offer a competitive benefits package and career development & continuous professional development
- In addition they pride themselves on working in a friendly & collaborative team environment with mentoring support from talented leaders.
If this role sounds of interest or you’d like to discuss a potential career move in confidence please forward me an updated copy of your CV detailing any relevant experience or contact Mike Wilkshire - EA License no: 16S8066 | Registration no: R1215143) on DD: +65 6950 0366 | Email: email@example.com