If you own a small business and you are wanting to expand with new hires, this article is a must-read.
For your business to be successful, you will need to hire the right people who share your company’s vision and skill sets that contribute positively to your business’s goals. However, attracting talents can be a challenging task as you compete with the big boys in your industry who potentially have a larger hiring budget.
What can you offer?
Being a small company, you have the flexibility to offer unique benefits and perks to prospective employees. Here are some ideas for your consideration:
1. Additional incentives based on performance, e.g. stock options
2. Flexible working hours or work from home arrangements, especially for working parents
3. Financial support for family care like preschool, afterschool care etc.
4. Provide professional development upgrading opportunities
5. Offer professional memberships with industry associations
So, where to find talents?
With the growing trends of digitization, you may assume that most of the talents are found via online job boards or social media ads. You will be surprised to know that most talents are hired through word of mouth/recommendations, according to a survey with data collected from a sample of 1,000 small business owners in the US with 1-249 employees.
Alternatively, contact us at Charterhouse to have a non-obligatory discussion today!