Newly Created Position with a High Growth Business Division of an Established Group, as Chief Financial Officer
Our client is a highly established and reputable group with solid foothold within the markets they operate in.
In a newly created position as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for a new Joint Venture (JV), this proven leader will be responsible for the management of the Finance, Legal, Strategy M&A, Regulatory, and Investor Relations teams. As a key member of the newly minted leadership team, this CFO will be instrumental in spearheading the business’s aggressive regional growth strategies.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Building, leading and managing of the financial processes; from budgeting, to cost management and audit
- Ensuring the risk and compliance management framework is embedded and operational for the business
- Building and mentoring a lean team of high performers
- Forming and managing all operational processes; including procurement / contracting framework and deviation processes
- Evaluating and advising on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and risk management
- Preparing and leading board meetings, as well as overseeing investor relations in partnership with the CEO
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team through commercial analysis of data and financial performance
- Providing commercial insight and leadership across the business in order to achieve on, and to exceed on business plan targets
- Managing the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in partnership with the board
As the business advances on it's aggressive growth path, the CFO will need to seek further funding opportunities, as well as enforcing the group with a higher level of rigor pertaining to the business models and corporate governance.
You will be a trusted and strategic business advisor to the CEO and wider group, working in partnership with the executive leadership team to propel the organization forward through a combination of financial, business and digital acumen, while delivering on the core mandate to provide sound financial reporting.
Understanding the business is the core of decision making, and as the CFO, you will need to champion objective and insightful analysis on the key drivers of their models, holding business owners accountable and working alongside them to identify opportunities for further success.
- An MBA from a reputable university and/or CPA is highly desirable
- Minimum of 12+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles; preferably within IT&T, Consulting or Online / Digital businesses
- Minimum of 3+ years in the capacity of CFO, COO or CEO of start-ups; or VP of Finance of large regional organizations
- Proven fundraising experience will be required
- Has successfully managed and maintained relationships with senior external stakeholders (e.g. investors, bankers, government agencies)
- Demonstrates digital acumen; had successfully driven strategic change and/or support investment decision-making across the business through digital literacy and implementation will be a plus
- Proven ownership and accountability for business success
- Entrepreneurial. Able to think on your feet, be a problem solver and possess grit
- Advance analytical skills to effectively understand and monetize data for creation of new revenue streams and improving decision support capabilities.
- Effectively bilingual (English and Mandarin) with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to ClaireC@charterhouse.com.sg .
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1108933