Corporate Accounting Assistant Controller (Director level) position with a High Performing US MNC
In a newly created Corporate Accounting team here in Singapore, this Corporate Accounting Assistant Controller (Director level) will lead the Company’s financial accounting and reporting processes, ensuring accurate execution in a complete and timely manner in accordance to the IFRS.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing and reviewing of accounting memos supporting the Company’s accounting positions for significant and non-standard transactions
- Providing technical guidance to business stakeholders on accounting for proposed transactions including revenue recognition (IFRS 15), debt transactions, foreign exchange and hedging, fixed asset accounting, IAS 36 impairment analysis. Ensuring accounting is executed in accordance with guidance, as well as providing guidance for operational accounting
- Overseeing the offshore shared services accounting operations, as well as the Corporate accounting team in Singapore
- Executing and documenting the financial statement close and reporting controls, including reviewing and approval of assigned balance sheet account reconciliations, preparation and review of financial statements, cash flow statement, disclosure checklist
- Supporting with other financial reporting requirements, such as reporting for financing transactions, budgeting and forecasting activities
- Qualified Accountant (CA / CPA) and Degree / Master’s in Accounting
- Minimum of 15 - 18 years of Big 4 assurance and commercial corporate accounting experience, including shared services leadership expertise
- Strong preference for candidates from Manufacturing, Semiconductor and/or Industrial Manufacturing related industries
- Technically strong with IFRS and accounting standards (Ie. IFRS 15, IAS 36 etc)
- Capable of researching technical accounting issues
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Strong ability to influence senior key regional stakeholders
- Adaptable and flexible to learn and be involved with new projects
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants with relevant experience, please send your updated resume to Claire Chua at ClaireC@charterhouse.com.sg for further discussions.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1108933