AIA Group Investment is implementing a Data Governance programme as part of our Data Transformation journey.
The new Data Governance framework will enable improved Investment Data Quality by reinforcing Data Ownership across the Business and rolling-out systematic Investment Data Quality Controls as per the DQM Framework (ie. CDE, Data Quality rules & threshold definition, Data Quality issue management including remediation and escalation process).
The Investment Data Governance function and framework is targeted to be in placed in Q4 2021.
As part of the DMO team, your role will be as follows:
- Ensure increased control of our data and it’s data lineage by focusing on data operations & control on what is required by investment processes
- Ensure data sets are complete, and represent exhaustively our Target Operating Model (eg. General Assets vs ILP, different asset class and it’s investment lifecycle)
- Ensure Data Quality - besides data completeness, it is imperative to ensure data is also accurate (single source of truth) and timely so it can be used with confidence by business users in their investment processes (This will include identifying key elements underpinning data quality, understanding how data is used and why it is important and bridging the gap in the investment processes)
- The candidate is also expected to understand how AIA data is used (data flow) and how it will impact investment processes and be able to recommend different metrics and controls and part of continuous improvement (eg. more standardisation of data, improved validation of data)
Like many organizations, in AIA data quality checking is often carried out in silos and resource intensive (different teams) across the various processing areas within the organisation.
In many cases it is done manually and sometimes duplicated across different areas. Hence, as part of the Data Governance programme AIA is implementing a Data Governance tool to systemize and automate the data quality check, ensuring that only appropriate exceptions are raised and allocated to relevant staff for action. This tool will also enable more efficient and effect data error reporting, which in turns enables us to immediately review any data process gaps and fix them timely.
As part of the DMO team, you will be also expected to support the Data Governance tool roll-out.
Experience in implementing Data Governance tool (at least 1 successful implementation cycle) in Infogix, Informatica, Curium, Collibra, Ataccama or similar tools will be an added advantage.
- Education – Minimum undergraduate
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst cum Data Analyst with leading role in establishing Data Governance initiatives for a reputable investment management company.
- Knowledge in Investment processes and data (security, pricing, reference data, corporate action and transaction data) for an asset management company is an advantage
- Experience or knowledge in Data Modelling and Database table schemas
- Must be an expert in Microsoft excel, Visio and business presentations
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong SQL/PL-SQL knowledge to query database would be an added advantage
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to Marie Goh at MarieG@charterhouse.com.sg.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1331783
Only successful candidates will be notified.