Our client global engineering, management and development consultancy group. We are looking for a Finance manager for the East Asia unit with advanced financial and accounting skills to oversee all the activities of the region.
Reporting to the Regional Finane manager , this role will be responsible for promoting best practices across the region for management reporting, working with Regional finance manager and the unit General Manager to deliver operational and financial objectives and driving financial performance.
- Preparation and evaluation of business plans and project proposals along with regional general manager
- Regular meetings with Country Managers to assist in the review of projects, recognise corrective actions, identify claims for additional fees and changes to staff requirements.
- Financial and statutory reporting, manage the production and filing of statutory accounts, monthly schedules, quarterly reporting, and internal/external audit in the region
- Supervision of the production of annual budgets and forecasts
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations and prepare quarterly statutory packs
- Monitor financial control environment for entities in the region and ensuring compliance with group systems, processes and procedures, Group financial policies, principles and controls by entities in the region
- Oversees and manage credit management, taxation, treasury, internal controls and internal/external audit in the East Asia Unit
- Management and co-ordination of Country Accountants with active role in appointments, training and performance development
- Assessment of the financial aspects of contracts in order to facilitate invoicing and payments and to identify grounds for additional fees
- Controlling financial performance by monitoring and improving project profitability, staff utilisation and overheads control, and cashflow management
- Take ownership in working capital to ensure there is a proper understanding of capital employed with WIP billed and debts collected promptly
- Lead financial evaluation and due diligence of potential acquisition targets, strategic initiatives and complex trading arrangements
- Conform and comply with project and country compliance with Group Directives including insurances, trade licenses and registrations as required
- Assist General Manager and Sector Leaders with preparation and evaluation of Business Plans
- Regular meetings with General Manager and Sector Leaders to assist in review of Unit and Sector finance issues, recognising and managing corrective/opportunistic actions. Provide information for stakeholders as required
- Work with Group/Regional Finance, Treasury, Tax, and Shared Service teams to enhance delivery to project teams
- Assist in preparation and review of proposals, including assessment of financial aspects of contracts to facilitate invoicing and payments, and identify grounds for additional fees
- Attend monthly project control meetings for major and risky projects
- Manage country working capital, ensuring prompt invoicing and collections
- Manage cashflow reporting, control and remittances
Training and Administration
- Coordinate finance training of engineers to enable them to understand and interpret financial information, ensuring accurate project budgeting and revenue recognition
- Continual identification and management of handover of tasks that could be provided by Shared Service team
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to KellyL@charterhouse.com.sg or contact Kelly Lim at +65 6950 0366 for more information.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R2089955