Newly Created Financial Controller, APAC with a Media Entertainment Company
Our client is the world’s leading entertainment company. In view of aggressive expansion plans, we are looking to hire an agile and experienced leader to join them as the Financial Controller. You will work closely with in-country teams, as such handling ambiguity and adapting to rapidly changing circumstances in a fast-paced start-up environment will be essential.
Reporting to the CFO, you will lead a shared services team and will manage the full spectrum of Accounting, Statutory Reporting and Tax Audit activities. A hands-on leader; you will be expected to lead, mentor and manage the finance team both in Singapore and China, as well as take full ownership of the controlling and accounting responsibility.
- Manage all finance processes for Asia Pacific, including all inter-company transactions, accruals, and reconciliations for the various entities and JVs.
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly accounts for submission to US for consolidation purposes.
- Adherence to FRS and local Statutory accounting standards, delegated authority matrix and various policies and assess control risk as necessary.
- Ensure the efficient and effective completion of internal and external statutory audit within deadlines.
- Oversee settlements across the region and consolidate P&Ls from partnerships.
- Develop and maintain appropriate processes and controls to ensure all legislative, regulatory and accounting requirements are met.
- Interface with senior colleagues in US and external advisors on various local tax and accounting compliance requirements within Asia Pacific.
- Raising awareness across the region of financial risk management, internal control and financial policies, procedures and practices.
- Manage the statutory compliance requirements for the Asia-Pacific subsidiaries, branches and representative offices in the region.
- Report and review all Inter-Company activity related to both regional and global spending and reconcile with intercompany partners.
- Manage local requirements whilst considering the parent company’s policies and procedures.
- Business partnering - providing value added commercial finance support across all functions.
- Degree in Accountancy / Finance, and CPA / CA
- 8 - 10 years of relevant financial controllership experience with multi-national companies, including 3-4 years in a Big 4 firm
- Strong preference for experienced leaders in Media / Broadcasting, Entertainment, Real Estate or Hotel industries
- Advanced experience in accounting management systems and Excel, with experience in JDE preferred
- Mandarin language capabilities will be preferred given the need to manage the China team
- Experienced with US GAAP and local statutory reporting in a rapidly growing, multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional environment
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities and demands while meeting critical deadlines
- Results-Oriented with strong sense of urgency and motivation
- Must be highly motivated individual with a ‘hands on’ approach and able to operate independently and with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work with others remotely and yet, be able to make things happen
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to KellyL@charterhouse.com.sg or contact Kelly Lim at +65 6950 0366 for more information.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R2089955