Our client is a leading Pharmaceutical company. In view of aggressive expansion plan we are looking to hire an energetic and experienced leader to join them as the Financial Controller. You will work closely with in-country teams and cross-functional stakeholders in driving strategic activities to support business performance and expansion plans.
Reporting to the Group Controller, you will lead a team of 2 and will manage the full spectrum of Accounting, Consolidating and Reporting activities.
Working in a fast-paced and vibrant environment, you need to be equipped with strong Finance & Accounting technical skillset as well as the ability to be hands-on to drive improvements and automate/enhance manual processes.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory filings and reporting deadlines for all entities within the region.
- Deliver accurate financial reporting (P&L, Balance Sheet and Capex) including consolidation to meet monthly, quarterly and annual global deadlines and maintaining compliance to accounting policies.
- Manage the monthly forecast and variance analysis (P&L, Balance Sheet and Capex), be a trusted advisor that applies sound judgment to make recommendations to help mitigate variances and risk to achieve financial targets.
- Adherence to FRS and local Statutory accounting standards, delegated authority matrix and various policies and assess control risk as necessary.
- Ensure the efficient and effective completion of internal and external statutory audit within deadlines.
- Identify process standardisation and optimisation of reporting opportunities and deliver ways to simplify the analysis and reporting processes in order to create informative, value-adding outputs.
Qualification and Other Requirements
Years of Experience:
- Regional exposure within goods distribution value chain. FMCG, medical device, pharmaceutical industries preferred
- Degree-qualified ACA/ACCA/CA/CPA
- Cumulatively 6-8 years’ experience; of which includes Big 4 plus Commercial Controllership experience
- Experience in consolidation, financial reporting for a complete entity, accounting standards interpretation, local tax regulations and managing an external audit
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders
Other Key Personal Characteristics:
- Positive assertive and aspirational leader
- Mandarin language is a must have, given the need to liaise with China counterparts.
- Successful candidate should be a hands-on, aspirational finance leader, and has excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a complex, fast paced environment and respond under ambiguous situations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- A continuous improvement mind-set and experience in process improvement will be an added advantage
- Occasionally travelling
Please contact Kelly LIM at +65 6950 0366 or KellyL@charterhouse.com.sg for a confidential discussion
EA License no: 16S8066 I Reg no.: R2089955
Only successful candidates will be notified.