Regional Finance Director (FP&A Business Partner) Position with a High Growth Mid-sized Pharmaceutical MNC
Reporting directly to the Global Finance Functional Head and on a dotted line into the Area Regional Commercial Head, this role will have full responsibility for an overall team of 20pax in the region.
As the right-hand man to the Area Regional Commercial Head, this position will be critical in driving the strategies for success. You will ensure that strategy and sales forecasts are linked, expenses are properly planned, P&Ls prepared, and actuals reported. Developing and implementing initiatives to optimize working capital will be required.
- Assessing commercial viability of investment decisions, evaluating of investment proposals and formulation of recommendations for management to maximize return on investment
- Directing key business initiatives, identifying opportunities to streamline processes and procedures within his/her remit, driving approved initiatives to completion
- Acting as a catalyst in driving initiatives to deliver the strategy and results
- Articulating financial risks and opportunities and drive post-investment appraisal of business initiatives within your remit
- Responsible for implementing the planning processes within the remit of the role, in alignment with the global process
- Leading the budgeting process across his/her remit, including target setting, challenging the relevant leads, and ensuring realistic budgets
- Driving the forecasting process, ensuring that results are reasonably predictive, and effectively highlight risks and opportunities, allowing the business to create value through adjustments and reallocations of investments
- Supporting effective business performance management, including working with the Finance Business Partnering teams to set appropriate (and standardized where possible) KPIs, reporting and challenging the business to improve results, grow profits and create sustainable value
- Leveraging business knowledge and relationships to effectively support and challenge business performance and Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Preparing and analyzing P&L at area, market and key brand level. Ensuring high forecast accuracy of sales and OP. Ensuring senior management understands key drivers of sales and OP forecasts through insightful presentations. Leading detailed variance analysis of Actual sales results vs Budget and Forecast. Participating in area leadership team / management committee
- Partnering with marketing teams in day-to-day finance interactions. Providing financial decision support. Understanding and influencing strategic priorities of therapeutic areas
- Leading the financial perspective with business case development and pricing change discussions before regional approval, ensuring key financial, competitive and strategic considerations are accounted for
- Ensuring accurate financial reporting and adherence to internal controls. Supporting External Reporting, Tax & Treasury and Global Business Services on statutory, tax, treasury and accounting related matters
Building and upskilling of a cohesive, high-performing Commercial Finance Area Finance team while managing performance, organization design, and career development; will be required.
- Degree in Accountancy and with CPA / CA qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant regional FP&A and controllership experience
- Strong preference for candidates from within Pharmaceutical Healthcare Medical Devices or Consumer FMCG industries
- Depth of Regional FP&A business partnering experience is required (minimum of 6 - 8 years)
- Strong track record in a people leadership capacity (minimum of 3 - 4 years)
- ERP system skills highly preferred
- Proven track record with finance transformation & change leadership
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Strong ability to influence senior key regional stakeholders
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to ClaireC@charterhouse.com.sg
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1108933