In a newly-created leadership position as the Group Strategy Planning GM at the Singapore head office, the selected candidate will report directly into the Group CFO seated here, and work directly with the Executive leadership team across divisions and functions.
As the focal point and bridge between the Group’s C-suite leadership team and Division heads; you will define and build the strategic direction and hypothesis of each business division; aligning these with the wider group’s strategic directions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Analysing the hypothesis, including multiple types of market analysis, competitive analysis, internal financial analysis, and scenario planning
- Updating the strategic direction to meet the evolving business needs
- Having discussions with the business leaders to guide the strategic thought process on a quarterly basis. Making sure the quarterly plan is aligned with the strategic direction will be essential
- Supporting the development of an opinion on the current state of the business by overseeing and conducting research, discussions, and fact-based quantitative analysis both using internal (business division) and external resources
- Supporting the identification of key market dynamics that will impact the business over the agreed upon planning horizon
- Providing perspectives with Go to Market strategies, and the business’s capabilities & opportunities to compete and operate effectively against competitors
- Work closely with a separate Financial budgeting planning team, as well as separate M&A Business Development and Corporate strategy team
- Methodology setting, variance analysis and management, both short-term forecasting and long-range planning with associated economic analysis to support business decision-making
- Utilizing sound business knowledge and consultative skills, to provide information, insights, and guidance to effectively drive and track business strategies, while identifying and addressing the financial impact of potential business decisions and strategic initiatives
- Key stakeholders include the C-suite Executive Committee team across functions, as well as the Business Division Heads.
- In a pivotal role seated with the key decision makers at the Head office, this position will serve as a brilliant platform for a high calibre leader to fast-track their career to the C-levels with a business at accelerated growth stages. This organization with an internationalized and dynamic culture will suit a driven leader looking for full accountability and tangible impact of decisions.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Economics or other related area. CPA / CA / MBA desirable
- Minimum of 10 to 12 years’ management consulting and/or Big 4 Strategy Consulting (Senior Manager / Director Levels) experience
- Preferably with some Commercial Group level strategy planning experience
- Proven track record with project management
- Exposure to a wide range of data and analytical concepts and methodologies, including market sizing, competitive analysis, customer needs analysis / primary research, financial modelling & valuation, portfolio review (investment/divestment areas), forecasting / econometrics
- Awareness of key economic and capital markets issues as well as other business trends that could impact the group
- General understanding of the key business and financial drivers of each business
- Prior exposures to a business with Manufacturing activities / operations will be a prerequisite
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, a strong work ethic, demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to interact & influence executive leadership teams
- Operates within a team and independently
- Ability to balance and manage varying tasks with different skill requirements in a productive and effective manner
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to Claire Chua at ClaireC@charterhouse.com.sg
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1108933