Newly Created Regional APAC Tax Manager with a Leading MNC
A leader in their industry and with exciting growth plans for their regional APAC operations based out of Singapore, our client is looking to hire a newly created position as Regional APAC Tax Manager to manage 1-2 direct reports. This position will be reporting directly into the APAC Tax Director based in Singapore.
With proven leadership of a regional APAC tax function, this APAC Tax Manager will assist the APAC Tax Director with managing the tax function for the group’s APAC business. This role will ensure the delivery of effective and rational tax advice to the businesses within the APAC region, across more than 30 companies including operating, holding and financing entities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that tax positions in Asia are optimised for transactions, commercial proposals, law changes etc, and that these tax positions fit within the broader business strategy;
- Assisting with the implementation and management of the most appropriate legal, funding and tax structure for APAC;
- Identifying and implementing of the APAC tax planning initiatives, as well as the strategic tax decisions that drive the business forwards;
- Advising on the structuring of commercial transactions and contractual arrangements;
- Providing specialist taxation input (taxation and structuring) in relation to acquisitions and divestments and internal group re-organizations;
- Tax advisory to the APAC group on Income tax, Goods and Services Tax, Fringe Benefits Tax, R&D Concessions, Payroll tax and PAYG, and other state taxes;
- Management of the Australian tax compliance obligations including the preparation of the Australian Income tax return;
- Overseeing of the APAC tax reporting including the tax accounting process, reviewing of the forecast / budget / strategic planning of tax information for APAC;
- Reviewing and analyzing submissions from businesses, monitoring the business’s tax position (P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash) in APAC and provide regular updates and analysis;
- Being accountable for the overall APAC tax profile, thin capitalization constraints and transfer pricing issues;
- Managing and leading APAC tax projects;
- Contributing to the formulation of the APAC tax strategy, including policies and processes to the group, development of the transfer pricing methodologies, as well as the group’s tax risk management framework and tax accounting systems
The successful candidate can look forward to joining a globally renowned MNC at an exciting growth phase, and to take his/her career ahead given the platform of continued opportunities provided for their internal talent.
- Bachelor Accounting / Finance Degree
- Preferably with a CA / CPA, and/or Tax qualified
- At least 6 - 8 years of tax experience; ideally with a combination of Big 4 and Commercial tax experience, if not from the Big 4 tax division
- Proven experience with APAC tax, particularly with Australian tax
- Strong leadership track record
- Dynamic, driven, sharp, results-oriented and with strong understanding of business operations & key drivers
- Switched on and with a positive go-getting attitude towards learning and contributing
- Strong written and spoken English communications, in order to liaise with the regional and group level teams
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to ClaireC@Charterhouse.com.sg thank you.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1108933