In a Senior Internal Auditor position within a lean team and reporting directly into the Internal Audit Head seated in Singapore, this role will be responsible for the end to end process with the global audits.
Leading, planning, organizing and executing internal audits across the sales offices, shared services, corporate and divisional functions, manufacturing plants, distribution centres and acquired/divested businesses will be required.
30 – 40% maximum travel will be expected. The role holder will manage Financial, Operational and IT audits including IT controls testing & data analytics.
- Obtain understanding of the business areas and information systems under review and the risks associated with those areas in order to develop effective risk-based audit approach.
- Using a risk-based approach to plan and execute audits across a variety of processes including IT, HR, procurement, operation, manufacturing and commercial.
- Work closely with the manager in developing the project risk assessment and scope for the project plan, documenting project scope and drafting applicable audit procedures and approach.
- Use data analytics during planning and execution to optimize coverage and effectiveness.
- Assessing the impact/risk associated with any areas of concern identified through the audit process, proposing recommendations to address these risks, and working with management to develop appropriate corrective actions.
- Communicating and presenting effectively to business management to ensure clarity regarding audit results and that appropriate action plans are being implemented.
- Developing working relationships with various levels of management, acting as a problem-solving resource, while continuously sharing best practices and areas for improvement.
- Proactively identify opportunities where global internal audit or local operations under review can add value to the Company.
- Applying the audit methodology consistently to all engagements and contributing innovative ideas in an effort to continuously improve the methodology.
- Ensuring working papers and other deliverables are complete and accurate, presented in a clear and logical manner leading to final conclusions and exceptions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business and/or Computer Science disciplines preferred.
- Professional certifications in CPA, ACCA, CIA, CFE, CMA or CISA required.
- At least 3 – 6 years of progressive internal audit experience with a Big Four firm, and/or relevant experience with a large, complex multi-national companies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience related to information systems risks, controls and auditing.
- Strong understanding of the relationship of information systems, internal controls and business processes with financial statement assertions, including a solid understanding of SOX 404 controls and the underlying risks.
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting and internal controls; IFRS knowledge a plus.
- Experience with data analytics and in using Tableau, Microsoft BI, Alteryx, ACL or IDEA a plus.
- Experience with SAP and/or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems are desired.
- Knowledge of other Asian language skills and experience living or working abroad is an advantage.
- Strong project/time management skills with the ability to organize and handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills to interact with all levels of management.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30-40% of the year
- Mature, positive, and a passion for learning and improvement.
Please contact Claire Chua at ClaireC@Charterhouse.com.sg for a confidential discussion.
EA License no: 16S8066 | Reg no.: R1108933
Only successful candidates will be notified.