The incumbent is responsible to lead cross-functional and matrix team and manage multiple projects within the IT and business domains to deliver projects on time and budget while meeting business objectives.
Communication and People management
- Exhibiting result-oriented trait, proven people management experience and skills to lead, motivate and develop teams of industry professionals (both onshore and offshore) to solve culturally diverse business and technical issues.
- Develop, manage and improve relations with both internal and external stakeholders.
Project delivery management
- Manage programs and projects within the IT domains and own the complete end to end project management accountability.
- Meeting effective outcomes such as forecast accuracy, quality standards and meeting project timeline using project management artefacts while ensuring compliance with project management policies and procedures.
- Prepare and manage resource plans and ongoing forecasts.
- Support the delivery team with the appropriate resource, reporting, and financial management inputs.
- Lead in the identification of business impacts resulting from project implementation and proactively manage them.
- Resolving program/project escalated issues and disputes while maintaining constructive working relationships and achieving schedule commitments.
- Prepare monthly financial forecasts and reconciliations against budget to ensure forecasting variance maintained within 10%.
- Deliver financial submissions and updates to sponsors and senior stakeholders in accordance with capital management processes.
- The role is tasked with meeting both key programs/project delivery milestones along with financial and customer-centric KPIs.
- Strong financial and commercial management skills are required to ensure financial budgets are managed effectively and the program delivers to sponsor’s expectations.
- The size of the financial budget will vary from project to project.
Contract & Vendor Management
- A significant component of this role requires working with internal employees, contractors and third party vendors to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
- The PM will need to manage the entire procurement process leading to successful vendor selection through standard tender processes.
- Timely contract negotiations and managing contracts is a vital skill to succeed in this role.
- The incumbent must ensure that all procurement governance guidelines are strictly adhered to.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT with recognized Project Management Certifications or equivalent experience. Majority of past project experience in IT infrastructure projects.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the delivery of complex IT applications projects within a matrix environment.
- Experience in managing Capex of over S$2M.
- In-depth knowledge of the full software delivery life cycle & challenges involved.
- Well versed with various project management methodologies and frameworks.
- Experienced in change management, test management, vendors, procurement and negotiating contracts.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and MS Project & tools supporting agile project delivery.
Good to Have:
- Telecommunications or System Integrator industry experience.
- Experience delivering Telco projects; in vendor environment as well end-user environment.
- Exposure to solution architecture and design, delivering projects in agile delivery methodologies.
Please contact Desmond Koh at DesmondK@Charterhouse.com.sg for a confidential discussion
EA License no.: 16S8066 I Reg no.: R1107906
Only successful candidates will be notified.