• Support the organization in developing, operating and managing large and sophisticated enterprise database environments
• Ensure database availability, performance & patch compliance in accordance to bank standards
• Provides hands on technical expertise, provides senior level technical guidance to staff, application team and other teams as necessary.
• Resolving complex issues involving: database performance, database capacity, resiliency, stability, replication, and other key aspects of distributed database technology
• Researching and recommending solutions that best meet business needs and enterprise operational requirements
• Provide technical support to application development teams
• Point of contact to vendor support
• Evaluate releases of MSSQL and its tools, and third party products to ensure the entire Database environment is appropriate and compliant with minimal impact.
• Providing Oracle 11g/12c/19c database administration, database security and production support, primarily in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Backup & Recovery
• Participate in Disaster Recovery exercise
• Capacity planning
• Define Monitoring / Alert thresholds
• Database resource management
• Database and OS tuning
• Database automation
• Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
• Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database
• Provide feedback for continuous improvement of the database team
• Vendor management
• Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent
• Extensive experience in database administration with at least 5 years in a senior role.
• At least 10 years of experience in RDBMS administration
• At least 5 years of experience in MSSQL / Oracle DB administration
• PowerShell scripting is required
• Good knowledge in MSSQL Backup
• Experience working in a bank is a plus
• Customer focused, business driven, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong networks.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
Please email your resume to Angelicad@charterhouse.com.sg for a confidential discussion.
EA License no: 16S8066 | Registration No: R1110125