Role and Responsibilities
Architecture & Technology Planning
- Understand the relevant technology standards and roadmaps
Application and Infrastructure Support
- Works with the Team Leader to ensure effective, seamless support for end users to include
- Support of applications and infrastructure;
- Ensure effective hand-offs between global Service Management teams and Regional IT Support Officers;
- Ensure effective, reliable and efficient end to end processes (internal and external) are in place;
- Embed continuous improvement and leading by example;
- Operate within Service and Operational Level Agreements and performance reporting; and
- Ensure customer satisfaction levels (for example, as reported in the Customer Satisfaction Survey) are maintained and reflect business requirements.
- Maintain appropriate documentation (including knowledge bases containing known issues /workarounds and support handbooks) for effective 3rd line support
- Diagnose all incidents/problems escalated to 3rd line support and identify root cause and actions required to maintain or improve service levels
- As necessary investigate high impact incidents/problems through involvement in SWATs
- Develop implementation plans for dealing with requests for change; evaluate risks to the integrity of the service inherent in proposed implementations; seek authority for those activities; and undertake review of effectiveness of change implementation.
- Define and deliver continuous improvement programmes, in conjunction with the Team Leader and Global Service Management teams, so that, where applicable, systems deliver an improved performance to the business.
- Enhancements and improvements to services should be delivered by the appropriate governance authority and
- Maintain a culture of continual improvement and problem solving.
Build and Implementation
- Provide specialist guidance information to the Support, Systems Testing and Quality Assurance functions
- Monitor effectiveness of installation and ensures that appropriate recommendations for change are made
- Ensure that documentation and training materials are created and are suitable
- Ensure the correct implementation of standards and procedures
- Ensure that supplier performance is fed back to the Team Leader
- Refer to domain experts for guidance on specialised areas of risk, such as architecture and environment.
- Take part in audits and risk assessments as directed by the Global Application and Security Manager.
- Participate in disaster recovery rehearsals to prove their effectiveness.
Quality, Methods & Tools
- Strive for improvements to processes by suggesting changes in approach and use of industry best practices, typically using recognised models including ISO27001.
- Provide advice to management on ways of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their control mechanisms.
- Minimum 2/3 years IT experience with at least 1 years experience in a 3rd line role supporting a number of the technologies listed in this job description.
- Experience working within the professional services sector with an appreciation of the demands placed on support teams by the business.
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment
Qualifications – ideally the candidate should have the following or equivalent:
- Minimum "A" level standard education or equivalent
- Accreditation in relevant technologies – preferred
- ITIL Foundation – preferred
- Minimum Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), preferably Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – Routing and Switching, Voice or Security
- Palo Alto Accredited configuration engineer (ACE)
- Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA)
For all interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume in MS Word format to Yvonne Tang at firstname.lastname@example.org
EA License no: 16S8066 | Registration no: R1110355