To provide an effective and professional IT support service to staff and clients in accordance with the needs of the business. Ensure that all software and hardware issues are resolved within pre-determined timescales.
Role and responsibilities
- In all offices, calls to the IT Service Desk will be referred to the regional/global Service Desk. Service Desk calls which cannot be resolved remotely will then be passed back to the ITO to deal with. Most of these calls will relate to resoling hardware problems, provision of on the spot training, induction training, explanation of application usage and best practice.
- Support of office infrastructure. The ITO will maintain and resolve any issues impacting the office infrastructure or manage the appropriate specialists to resolve such problems.
- Facilitate communications between the local / regional IT Officers, the regional Training team and the Global support teams.
- Manage local supplier relationships ensuring that they meet the agreed SLAs.
- Record all requests for assistance in the Service Now call logging system.
- Ensure all calls are responded to within a timely manner and within the agreed OLAs.
- Ensure that customers are kept informed of events relating to their call.
- Monitor calls when passed to 3rd line teams.
- Build and maintain good customer relationships.
- Develop detailed understanding of the business and departments that are supported.
- Complete tasks and other assigned work to agreed deadlines.
- Relevant experience in the provision of support for the Microsoft suite of applications. Sound experience in the support of PC's and peripherals is a requirement.
- Proven experience on the provision of high quality customer service.
- Minimum of two years' experience as a Desk side engineer or similar.
- Proven ability to resolve a high number of incidents and work well under pressure.
- Must have the ability to work well and calmly under pressure.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Flexible, customer focussed approach to service delivery.
- An enthusiasm for learning about current and new technologies.
- To meet specific, agreed metrics and maintain these achievements.
- Must be willing to contribute to working as part of a virtual team and take the time and effort to share skills and experience with others.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to focus on different stages of the project life cycle.
- Language skills desirable.
- Microsoft certification - with focus on Workstation support, LAN, WAN, or the Internet. - Highly desirable.
- Citrix knowledge – Highly desirable.
- Active Directory and Windows 10 support knowledge – optional
- Cisco Platform knowledge and experience (CUCM / Jabber) - highly desirable
- Office 2016 support knowledge – highly desirable
EA License no.: 13C6338 I Reg no.: R1110355