The role of the Client Manager is to build and promote key business relationships across all levels with our clients in the Southeast Asian region. This includes business origination, day to day account maintenance and key relationship development. The role has a market focus on Singapore and Malaysia, and offers established technicians in areas of product development or risk management the exposure to sales and business development.
- Develop and maintain relationship with the senior management, reinsurance decision makers and key influencers of assigned clients;
- Originate business opportunities and deliver differentiating solutions to meet client’s strategic growth aspirations and business objectives;
- Support the development of SEA L&H Reinsurance strategy, including building of business plan and monitoring of business KPIs;
- Profit centre responsibility and accountability for business of assigned client(s) including planning, budgeting and active portfolio management;
- Owns the quote process and leveraging technical expertise to support costing, review, and approve quotes within authority;
- Lead and drive cross functional teams to deliver an optimal solutions for our clients;
- Drive the management of the reinsurance business portfolio to meet internal operational control standards including business planning and reporting, contact certainty, data quality etc.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant life insurance or reinsurance experience, preferably with Southeast Asian exposure.
- Outgoing, confident with good communication and presentation skills. Self-starter, problem solver, entrepreneurial with the ability to think on your feet.
- Good marketing and negotiation skills with a focus client value creation
- Motivated and results oriented with an ability to work in a team and deliver under pressure
- Excellent command of English and proficiency in a SEA language would be advantageous.
- Experience in pricing or product development. Actuarial qualification or background would be advantageous.
- Willing to travel as required (not more than 30%)
EA License no.: 16S8066 I Reg no.: R1986715